Thursday, April 22, 2010

From Home to HWI's New Headquarters

April 15, 2010

Thank you for supporting HWI and being such a crucial part of our team. Without your support we couldn’t continue moving forward in this exciting ministry.

Serve the LORD with fear,
and rejoice with trembling” (Ps. 2:11).

Back on January 1, 2010 I wrote in my prayer diary, “As we move forward with HWI, may we do so according to Psalms 2:11.” We at HWI understand this verse more clearly today than we did only four months ago.

We are on the verge of making a big leap. As I wrote in our last newsletter, we are in need of finding space to call our headquarters. We have long ago outgrown my home as HWI’s headquarters. Back in October 2009, while driving I spotted a building for lease about three miles from my home at 21W161 Hill Ave., Glen Ellyn, IL. I pulled into the parking lot and wondered, “What am I thinking?” I left aware that I must go home and pray. A month later I went back to show a friend and I also wrote the phone number down. Again I realized I must go home and pray some more. At the beginning of April our accountant said, “I know of a place nearby that is renting space.” I blurted, “oh, I know that space too.” He looked at me as if to say, how do you know what space I’m talking about. He went to inquire about the space, yes the same space I thought, but couldn’t find anyone. So, he brought the contact information back and suggested I call and inquire.

By this point, I had prayed 400 hours since October. So, I mustered my courage and made the call. Before I finished introducing myself the gal at the other end of the line said, “Alice, this is Jane. Do you remember me?” I said, “Yes, but since I was making a cold call I didn’t expect to know the person at the other end.” Within thirty minutes, three of our HWI team went to see the property, meet the owner, and to let him know we were proceeding with faith. The owner is a strong Christian, the cousin of Jim Elliot, one of the five missionaries martyred back in the 1950’s in Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment