Friday, April 23, 2010

Birthday Celebration Just Starting

  • Wow, I began the day with a phone call from my twin. What a joy to have such a great bro.
  • Bagels for Breakfast from one of my bike mechanics
  • Many facebook happy birthday wishes
  • This verse from one of my donors: "For you are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, Which God prepared in advance for you to do." -Ephesians 2:10
  • Voice mail from my favorite nephew
  • A team of three prepared six bicycles that are heading to Mexico, by car, with a missionary who will lead bicycle camp trips for high school students.
  • My first round of "curbside shopping" in Glen Ellyn which yielded:
  1. A nice round table
  2. 2 bookcases,
  3. 2 hefty pieces of steal needed for hanging inventory
  4. 4 bins for inventory
  5. Bathroom Mirror
  6. Extension Cord holder
  7. A microwave
  • This is a good beginning seeings the shopping doesn't really get going until Saturday night or Sunday. Some came from stopping by my cousins in G.E. I got pre- curbside viewing and dibs
  • Now off to the White Sox game with four scouting tickets compliments of a generous donor. This means dinner, drinks (except I don't drink), and seats behind home plate. However, it has already begun to sprinkle, so maybe it will be rained out, but at least we will go down for dinner. Then if the game is called for rain, then I'll get a second round of tickets off the first set. I like gifts that keep on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment