Friday, June 3, 2011

Today's Activities

On Wed. night after helping a HWI volunteer pick shop for bike gear we went out for dinner. While eating his wife mentioned they were getting rid of a pool table. My eyes lit up. It's been on my office wish list. I'm going over today to begin disassembling it. I'm looking for 2 strong college men or young grads to help us move 3 pieces of 3/4 in. slate sometime in the next week. Let me know if you can help.


We are gearing up to give away 13 bicycles next week to a group of Christian workers from the Eastern European block who will be here on a study program at Wheaton College for 6 weeks.


Today we had 6 people working on bikes. There were 5 area churches represented. One of our new workers I met during CareFest. I remember meeting his wife and asking, "What do you like to do as a hobby?" Not knowing my bent towards bikes she said, "take day long bicycle trips." We were off (sort to speak). With time I learned her husband likes to tinker with bikes. So he has joined us.



No comments:

Post a Comment