Friday, July 8, 2011

My Senseless Act- God’s Sovereign Plan

On Thursday, June 30th I sat down in hopes of writing out all the checks to cover His Wheels bills for June. In addition I was planning to write out our rent check for July 2011. I knew the funds were tight and expected that I would have to write out a personal check to His Wheels to cover the organizations financial gap. Since we moved into HWI’s headquarters I have not received the okay from God to go look for money for HWI or to ask for money. Nor have I had to write a check from my personal account to HWI’s account. Instead I’ve sensed God has wanted me to follow Him and rely on Him. I know in this culture that sounds crazy. I would be the first to agree that it sounds crazy-or admit it is crazy

While writing out checks I had two to go, when I ran out of my booklet of checks. One of those left to write was the July rent check, which is where we had a $700 short fall. I thought, “No problem I have almost two full boxes of checks.” I wasn’t sure if they were at my home or headquarters office and to complicate matters someone other than me had cleaned both offices. When I didn’t find them at home I checked the headquarters office and couldn’t find them there either. I informed my landlord that I couldn’t find the checks and asked if I could submit it on Tuesday.

Over the weekend my memory went back to all the “old account” checks I had shredded months earlier. Well in a senseless act I somehow shredded the current checks too. So I emailed my landlord on Tuesday AM and explained my situation and asked if he wanted a money order or if he wanted to wait for my new checks that I put in as a rush order. I didn’t tell him the financial piece of the story because he deserves his money in a timely fashion for the outstanding services rendered.

All week I’ve wondered, “what is this senseless check thing all about?” I was sure God knew which check I couldn’t afford and I knew it wasn’t a mistake that I ran out before writing the rent check. However, I also didn’t feel led to write a check to HWI from my personal account. So I waited. Today I got a letter from the electric company. It looked different than my normal bill. As I opened it up, there was a check for $800 to cover the gap in our bills. All I could do was chuckle as I said, “God You sure have a sense of humor and from the electric company of all places.” I wasn’t expecting the check. They were returning our initial security down payment from when we moved in. I knew they were going to “return it when our credit had been established.” But only God knew the timing-His perfect timing. Now I’m just waiting for the new checks to arrive so I can write out our rent check.

Indeed God answers prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment