Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mailbox Surprises

Today I received two fun pieces of mail. 
The first was a letter from an St. James Episcopal Church in New Hampshire. Before opening it I thought, "Who heard about us in NH and how did they hear about us." The check was accompanied with a short note that said, "With our prayers and support Tobias and St James Episcopal Church." The note made my, Alice's, day because back in 1983 I lived with Tobias, Rose and their then three children in Harare Zimbabwe while doing a nine-week mission trip. While using their family bike, I thought,"if I only had a brake cable and a tool I could fix this bike." It was then that I knew God was calling me to provide tools so the nationals could serve their own people. The idea germinated for 20 years until 2003 when a Tanzanian mentioned how valuable a bicycle would be to help nationals help there own people. Thanks Tobias, Rose and church family.

The other piece of mail said, "My sister bought a bike at your bike sale last week. I am interested in volunteering to help with working on bikes. Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment