Friday, September 24, 2010

The train has left the station!

This past week in Review:
Many long time prayers have been answered this week. I hit the ground running catching up on Monday after a wonderful week in Door County.

Tuesday: I met with a Wheaton College Business student, a prospective board member, and Grant, part of HWI's team. The meeting was a planning session for ways undergraduate students, as part of SIFE, an International Business Club with College Chapters and yearly competition, could participate with HWI. We are excited about partnering with SIFE teams at they fulfill Wheaton's mission for "Christ and His Kingdom," by assisting HWI in "providing tools for expanding Christ's Kingdom." The planning and anticipation of this meeting has been four years in the making.
Wednesday AM I was on WMBI, This is the Day with Nancy Turner. You can listen to the broadcast by going to WMBI.FM, This is the Day.
Back in the 80's I met Jim & Jean Warren. Jim was the Host of Prime Time America on WMBI. I remember him telling me in the 90's, "When the time is right, we'll get you on the radio." I wrote to Jim today, as he is struggling with his health and said, thanks for your words of encouragement.
Wed. afternoon: Four of HWI's team met with professor, John Coumbe-Lilley, professor in the Kinesiology Department at University of Illinois, Chicago, one of my alma maters, where I obtained my BS in Kinesiology. After our two hour mtg. John summed it up well, "I can see the anxiety coming from the back of your head." He was right. I wonder if he also knows his thoughts left my head spinning all night.
A few of John's thoughts are for me to do a nation wide college campus tour sharing about HWI through my story. He also suggested we sponsor a couple of our DOTT trikes, made for overseas use, and a couple of our junior racers, in the 2011 Chicago Marathon. When he mentioned the junior racers I was so overwhelmed that one of my guys said, "Alice did you hear what he said? He just mentioned your dream to put together a trike racing team."
If the title of this post didn't make sense before now, I hope you are getting the picture-or is it me that better start getting the picture?
Thursday Luncheon: I spoke at the Wheaton College Women's Luncheon. It was fun meeting some of the women who are part of the college. One of the women asked if I'd sent my story off to national TV news stations. She offered to do so on HWI's behalf. This has been another dream but I've not known how to go about it, nor have I had the energy to do so.
Friday Morning: I hung out at HWI's headquarters for about an hour with the gang remembering that recycling cycles is where we began. At 10AM I was the featured guest for a pre recorded broadcast with Wayne Shepherd. He is launching a show called First Person on October 1st. He did a 10 min. section on my life with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and then a 10 min. section on HWI.
Having grown up in Detroit, one of the things I learned in the Detroit Public School was that many of my classmates did things as a group, not alone. In that the show is called First Person, HWI isn't about me. So, to the chagrin of three HWI's team members they too will make a debut with me on First Person.
To find out more about Wayne Shepherds new program visit www.wayneshepherd.net.
The week is not over yet. On Sunday I will share our HWI video and update my Adult Bible Fellowship, Pathfinders.


No comments:

Post a Comment