Thursday, April 2, 2009


Here is the letter Maxene wrote after receiving the trike in Haiti back in February (See earlier post). He wrote it in Creole, so it took a while to find a translator. We are thankful for a pastor in Chicago who knew Creole, and willingly translated this letter for us. 

February 27, 2009
"Good morning, Pastor (The pastor chose the trike recipient). I praise the Lord for you. God has used you in such a way to help me, and brought such a souvenir in my life. I thank you and your family very...very...very much. I have nobody, but God puts me in your heart to help me. I thank you very much for what you've done for me at this moment in life. What a gift! As you know, as handicapped as I am I have lots of problems, no means to live. Life is not easy, and I have to stay at people house, praise God for that. I beg you, pastor, not to forget about me. I know God can do it all, and I will never stop to thank you. I will never stop to glorify the name of the Lord for this awesome gift. God has sent me a wonderful gift; I thank you very much for that. Now I need to go to church to praise Him, but need some clothes to put on my back. I know God will finish what he has already started. ...I hope all is well with you, especially when we know with Jesus nothing shall be impossible."

After reading this letter I thought of the words Jesus spoke "And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'" (Matthew 25:40 ESB)

No comments:

Post a Comment