Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Timely Christmas Greeting















1/3/08

“Maybe God is trying to tell us not to send the trike to Senegal today,” In frustration I blurted to Kevin, our engineer. Last night we were up late trying to get two 50lb boxes packed, keeping within the weight and size for airline regulations. The two boxes were to include a hand-pedaled trike prototype along with other equipment to travel on to Jeremy, who is already producing trikes in North Africa. By the time we ended the evening in prayer we looked at each other wondering, “What do we think we’re doing?” This makes our 7th trike we’ve sent off and we assumed by now it would be get easier.

“God have I done something wrong that everything seems to be going wrong?” I wondered as I hit my pillow last night. God met me in my question. The truth is things are probably going God’s way and Satan isn’t happy. However, knowing that didn’t answer my questions about how to proceed with sending the trike.

I awoke early this morning to find the latest baggage regulations from the airlines but found it near impossible to locate a phone number for the airlines. We seemed to be facing one obstacle after another. Finally ready to say forget it, pieces seemed to fall into place. God’s amazing confirmation came through a Christmas card I received that morning from friends in Dakar, Senegal.

“Dear Alice,
“Holiday greetings to you from Dakar, Senegal! We hope you are well as we are fine…We hope everything is going well at His Wheels International. May your season be filled with the joy that comes from knowing and serving Jesus Christ!”

The words may not be profound, but God’s perfect timing through this Christmas letter was amazing.

We found out when the team returned that the trike flew without problems for $150.00. God again showed us He has a plan and a way to fulfill His plan. Our job is to follow with tenacious obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment